Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lighten Up!

For those of us enduring winter, it has been a fairly long haul. Dense carbs, and lots of them, keep us warm and cozy while the wind blows not so friendly temperatures at us.

I live in Canada, I know of what I speak.

And although there is nothing better than losing yourself in a baguette or giant pile of pasta, we still have to remember to get our healthy on.

That means reaching for some veggies, fruits, and other nutrient-rich foods that won't leave us overstuffed and moulded into the couch.

So let's Lighten Up this week! C'mon Get Healthy! Your heart will thank you for it. ♥

Photo courtesy Kahaki Kitchen
Whip up your Light and Healthy dish from one of Tessa Kiros's recipes, and post to your site on or by Sunday, February 26th. Link up with Mr. Linky, below, and leave a comment so we can all see your fabulous dish!

Need more information? Check out our Welcome Page!



I Heart Cooking Clubs *Lighten Up!* Participants
1. Michelle ~ Fish Baked w/ Herbs
2. Heather ~ Couscous Salad
3. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Radicchio Lasagna
4. Kim -Couscous Salad
5. JamieK-Grilled Zucchini
6. Natashya - Baked Fish with Tomato
7. Couscous & Consciousness - Panzanella
8. Deb in Hawaii--Tahini Soup
9. Yvette - Zucchini omelette
10. Donna- Greek yogurt with condensed milk and oranges

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Looking forward to getting healthy with everyone!

Thanks for including my giant pink "beeting" heart photo in the post Natashya. ;-)

Heather S-G said...

I could definitely use a bit of light fare! And I've already made my dish...now to find a day to post it! =)

Kim said...

After a weekend of total indulgence, and a fair share of alcohol, I'm ready to get my healthy on!

Michelle B said...

Fish Baked w/ Herbs is up. I actually made this some time ago, but it fit well with the lighten up theme.

Heather S-G said...

Couscous Salad was a wonderful lighter-fare meal! Posted...

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

My post is up. Not the lightest dish around, okay, not really light at all, but trying a new veggie makes it a little healthy, right? ;)

Kim said...

I'm detoxing with Tessa's couscous salad.

NKP said...

Baked Fish with Tomato is up! Absolutely delicious. ☺

Deb in Hawaii said...

In just under the wire with a slightly adapted version of Tessa'a Tahinosoupa (Tahini Soup). Meat and dairy free creamy, noodley goodness.

Yrene MWCAdventure said...

My post is up!

luckybunny said...

LOL at Kim - glad you had a great weekend! Hope everyone else did too. I loved this Greek yogurt with oranges, the condensed milk, maybe not so light, but for a desert, it's light and easy. And yummy :)